VRS follows Semantic Versioning 2.0. For a version number MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH:
- MAJOR version is incremented for incompatible API changes.
- MINOR version is incremented for new, backwards-compatible functionality. For VRS, this means changes that add support for new types of variation or extend existing types.
- PATCH version is incremented for bug fixes. For VRS, examples are clarifications of documentation and bug fixes on property constraints. No changes to information models will occur in PATCH releases.
All planned work The VRS Roadmap for upcoming developments. All currently planned work will be MINOR updates according to the guidelines above.
This patch version makes the following corrections:
- Remove erroneous bracket notation after CURIE from the locations attribute in the Allele information model.
1.1.0 is the second release of VRS.
- ChromosomeLocation: A region of a chromosomed specified by species and name using cytogenetic naming conventions
- CytobandInterval: A contiguous region specified by chromosomal bands features.
- Haplotype: A set of zero or more Alleles.
- VariationSet: A set of Variation objects.
Other data model changes¶
- Interval was renamed to SequenceInterval. Interval was an internal class that was never instantiated, so this change should not be visiable to users.
- Added Relationship of VRS to existing standards to describe how VRS relates to other standards.
- Updated Normalization to clarify handling of reference alleles and generalize terminology to apply to all VRS objects.
- Updated current and future schema diagrams.
- Included a discussion of the Release Cycle.